Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hand Spun - Glowing Embers

This will be my last bit of hand spun yarn for a bit, at least until around Halloween.

This is the Glowing Embers colorway by Slim Chicken. I spent a little extra time with this one, splitting it into eights instead of fourths like my last one. It's approximately 100 yards, and is still lumpy. I'm getting better, but still not consistent.


This is destined to become a set of wrist warmers later on this year. I used my new spindle first, which took a bit of getting used to, then used my fist spindle. After spinning, I plied it into a 2-cord yarn, then blocked using dish soap, vinegar, and water.

I really enjoyed this colorway, and will be getting more of it in the future!


Stats:
Fiber: Superwash Longwol
Color: Glowing Embers by Slim Chicken
Weight: 2oz
Time to produce: 3 hours spinning, 24 hours blocking.

2 comments:

Crazy Mom! said...

Love the color! So intense - this is terrific!

Katherinne McKay said...

Thanks! I was a bit surprised at how bright this actually was! It was dyed by Slim Chicken, and I hope to be able to reproduce it later.