Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tea Set and HDT


This is, by far, my favorite tea set. I bought it not long after I graduated from high school, and have had it packed away ever since. Not long after this picture was taken, I broke one of the handles off of a cup. Luckily, I can fix it with some super glue, but I'm still slightly upset about it.


As far as I can tell, it was made pre-WWII, but after WWI. I have found a few sites about this type of pottery as well as the company, but can't find the pattern.


It's beautiful, and this is the reason that I bought the set:


You may need to click on the picture to see all the detail, but it is a gorgeous silhouette of a geisha. You can see the petals in her hair as well as her graceful facial features. Also, you can't see this from the other side, only from looking above.

I've also been getting ready to dye some more thread. I'm thnking about hosting a give-away, mainly because I have so many that I have made and that I'm wanting to sell them. More details later as I decide what I'm going to do.

Until then, I'll leave you with these pictures. No tatting today (even though it is Tatting Tea Tuesday. Thinking about joining in on that as well!), but I have been working on some things since I've gotten closer to getting everything clean.



3 comments:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Wow, I can see why you like this tea set. The geisha at the bottom of the cup is like a surprise at the bottom. What a treasure.

Celticflame99 said...

Where did you get the pattern for that winder/swift? I love it, would like more info on it please!

Katherinne McKay said...

Celticflame99 - I found it through Google, and was able to get some of the supplies for free (living on a farm has its perks!)

The web address for the instructions is here:

http://www.craftydiversions.com/patterns/homemade_yarn_swift.htm

Good luck!