Monday, May 10, 2010

Earrings and Strawberries!

I have been working on these off and on for a while now.. Made the first prototype a while ago and then tried it with beads, and now I need some help!

This was the first one, done in Lizbeth Country Turquoise:


And the second, done in Lizbeth Antique Violet:


The second one has beads on them as well as an extra join, and I don't know which I like best! Maybe a combination of the two, perhaps? I like the placement of the beads, but not the extra join because it sort of warps the bottom two chains. Any thoughts?

And just to have a clearer picture, here they are side-by-side:


Because I don't feel these are "finished," they are not going to be counted in my 25 Motif Challenge. I have some more tatting to share, but can't get any pictures at the moment. I'll try to have them posted tonight!

Also, I'm going to offer this pattern, but I need to write it up. It's simple and based entirely on the number 3!

And now, on a lighter note.. ^^

It's the end of the strawberry season, and I'm lucky enough to have a start-up strawberry farm nearby. Nothing beats buying local, as the jams, jellies, preserves, what have you, have that extra taste of home that store-bought produce just can't replicate. I know it must sound crazy, but I prefer to get what I can local while staying away from the grocery stores.

So, about a week ago, my grandparents and I went and picked some berries. It was a beautiful day!


Unfortunately, there weren't many berries left as they had a huge crowd before we got there! I did manage to get some a few nice shots..


All the berries are washed and frozen, and hopefully I'll have some jams and jellies soon!

I can't wait for it to be blueberry season.. The ones we got last year were excellent! ^^

ALSO!! Nearly forgot..

I wanted to do a give-away at the end of last month, but then quite a few of the blogs I followed offered up some goodies! I decided to push it back for two weeks, and will be posting about it in the coming days.

'Till next time!

No comments: