Sunday, September 6, 2009

Canning Jelly!

Since it is a holiday weekend and I'm not expected at school tomorrow, I made some peach jelly with LOADS of help from my mom. These are some of the pictures from this escapade. Sorry for the small size, Photoshop decided to crap out on me and save over the originals. Haha, that's what I get for using actions! ;)


This is all the goodness that was needed for the jelly. In the pot and pitcher is the peach juice that I helped mom make on Wednesday. Four different flavorings went in to enhance the flavor.


Once I was happy with the overall flavor (minus the sugar..) I brought it all to a boil. The next five minutes were really hectic, hence no pictures. Then, with the help of mom and AB, we managed to get all the jelly into jars, and outside to the burners. The next series of images will speak for themselves:

All in all, it took less than an hour to go from juice to canned jelly. It was loads of fun; I'm already planning what I'm going to do next.

No comments: