Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I did it!! I did it!!

I finally got around to learning how to shuttle and, while it's slow going right now, I'm liking it better than needle-tatting.


The site that I'm learning from was linked from the online tatting class, over at The Online Tatting Class.

I'm also having a go at hand-dying thread. See the yumminess?


All of these are done with three different colors, blue, black, and rose petal. These aren't all the ones I've made; there are two that I didn't get in the picture. I didn't know it could be this fun to dye!

These two are the lightest of the bunch. I didn't leave the dye on for long, resulting in a very pastel coloring. I'll have to grab another picture of the finished pieces.


Next time, I'm going to try some other colors. I've got a large ball of thread that's 400 yards of stark and shiny white that's just begging to be dyed!

That's all for now. Wish I had more tatting to show, but maybe next time!

No comments: