Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Plying Yarn

Just wanted to share where I've gotten with the fiber I got back at the beginning of the month. I haven't been spending much time on these, mostly because I've had other things going on.

I have half of the fiber spun, and only about half that plied. This picture was taken before supper, so I'm a good bit further than what you see. I've also made several new drop spindles (as you can see in the foreground as well as where I'm plying), and I have three more drying. After I get finished with this project, I have some more sanding to do since the one I'm plying with isn't too smooth! After that, they're getting a clear coat for protection.

I'm getting as bad with spindles as I am with shuttles. Funny, no? Already I'm up to nine spindles, which is closing in on my 15 shuttles!

I have been doing some tatting, and have a few finished pieces to show off, but need to do some work on them before posting. My edging is (nearly) complete, just need to do a final hiding of the ends, wash, and block before sewing it to the hat, and then it'll be done! I also have a small doily I've made for my mother, and will be starting on some snowflakes later on this week.

Productive week, but little to show. Need to get the camera out!

No comments: