Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Years Revisited And Birthday Gifts!

Several items to touch on in this post, and most of them are text-only (sorry!). First off, I wanted to show these off:


Yes, more fiber from SlimChicken. I treated myself to these because the colors were so pretty in the pictures on the listings, and they did not disappoint! I had four different colors in mind, and ended up with these two. Both are four ounces of superwash, the same as my others, but these are super soft!

This is Twilight, and it really does remind me of how it looks around here when the sun goes down. The blues are so vivid in this! Can't wait to spin it and see how it turns out!


And this one is Victorian Rose. It's a bit more pink than this picture shows. Normaly I don't like pinks, but I do like the softness of them. I think this will become a Valentine shawl at some point; it's being put away while I work on some other projects.

I don't have much to show in the crafting world at the moment. Been at work for most of the last few weeks or getting ready for Christmas. I -finally- decided on the color scheme I want for my tree, and hope to have some pictures of it when I get my ornaments made. I'm hoping to make at least ten different snowflakes and some other tatted ornaments. Getting started on those in the next week, but got to find the patterns I like first.

What patterns do y'all like to make this time of year? I'm still new to this; last year I was still learning how to tat..

So, now on to the fun part of the post..

How many people do New Year's Resolutions? I made some this year for crafting, and I thought I'd share my progress.

Just to recap, these were them:
  • Learn to crochet
  • Make everyone a scarf, and have them done by September
  • Learn how to:
    Cluny Tat
    Split Chains
  • Get my dye supplies organized
  • Finish writing out the pattens to my motifs
  • Design at least one motif a month
  • Finish the 25 Motif Challenge
Taking it from the top, I finally learned how to crochet. Thank heavens for youtube! When my mom and roommate weren't around or couldn't figure out the pattern I was trying, I was able to find the tutorial on there!

The scarves, on the other hand.. Well, I have several started, but none finished. I'm hoping to get at least a few done in time for Christmas, but it looks like everyone's getting store bought gifts this year!

Tatting-wise, I still need to learn split chains. I've tried them a few times, but all I manage to do is make a twisted knot that I can't undo! This may be an ongoing project for me into next year, but I will get it! I have managed to get the basics of Clunys down, but don't have anything to show for it. Will post some later, when I get my ornaments done!

I'm also this close to finishing the 25 Motif Challenge. I have an edging that I'm working on at the moment to add, then they'll only be one more to finish, and that'll be complete!

I haven't finished the patterns, nor have I designed every month. I can and will finish the patterns, but for designing, I may be able to make some later on.

How's everyone doing on their resolutions?

Also went to the Botanical Gardens last week, and snapped a few pictures, so I'll leave you with my (and everyone else's!) favorite.


Happy Fall, everyone! ^^

No comments: