Monday, September 27, 2010

Flapper-Style Hat

Need ideas.

I found the pattern for this hat on Ravelry, and really love it. I love the 20's style hats, but have yet to find one that fits me, so this pattern was perfect! It's felted, so I was able to shrink it to fit my head.


This is what it looked like pre-felting, and this..

is what it looks like while blocking. Lucky for me -- I had a giant ball of fuzzy yarn that I got for Christmas that I wound into a cake and found a Styrofoam ball the correct size for my head!

Now, I find myself wanting to add some embellishment to it. I have some lovely cream ribbon that is just begging to be tatted, and it matches the colors in the hat! My only problem I currently have is I don't know what pattern to do.. Should I make a simple snowflake, or make a few rosettes, or even some medallions?

Any suggestions?

Pattern: Beacon Street Cloche
Hook: Size J/6.00 MM
Yarn: Lions Brand Fishermen's Wool
Total Time Spent: appx 6 hours

1 comment:

geraldine said...

oh its got to be flowers and a couple of leafs to keep in with the date of hat