Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Homespun Results

Happy (late) Thanksgiving to those in the US! Hope everyone has had a great time seeing family and friends!

Sorry for those looking for tatting.. I will be finishing up my 25 Motiff Challenge in my next post (just getting the images finalized).

Who remembers this little bit of homespun that I spun a few months ago?


I've finally worked up the courage to try it out, and so far I'm noticing how inconsistent my spinning has been. I am proud that I've made it, but realize just how much more I still need to practice to make it what I want it to be. Since all of my knitting needles are currently being used, I decided to try to cable crochet again.

I'm sharing my progress here. I'm nearly halfway through the skein and only about a quarter through the project. The picture isn't that great; the lighting tonight isn't wanting to work with me. Here's what I've gotten so far:


With the way the yarn is worked up, you can't really see the cable that well. Pattern is mine, and when I get a chance I'm going to write it up and post it on my pattern page. Will also be making this in cream or even dyed with Kool Aid, haven't decided.

Getting the rest of the pictures now. Happy tatting!

No comments: