That said, I have some tiny tatts to share. All were made (with the exception of four motifs) because I needed to clear out my shuttles after making snowflakes, earrings, etc.
First up is "Dream" by YarnPlayer, in black Lizbeth size 20 with some copper seed beads. I love the way it turned out! This was my first project with beads, and I'm glad it went over so well. The small butterfly next to it was what was left on the shuttle. I was having fun with the beads this time! The purple butterflies were tatted with Omega size 20, but this was a nylon cord. It was a little difficult to work with, but once I got it I was off!
The next set includes a few snowflakes, all done in my own HDT's. I saw the snowflake at the 25 Motif Challenge page, tatted by Kathy. The pattern is by Sharon, and is called the Merry Christmas Snowflake. The colors from top left are Black Friday, Arctic Slushie, and Choco Strawberry Swirl. I also made a heart that I have misplaced the pattern to. It was my first attempt at a rose; I had three false starts before I got this one going! At the top is a motif where I ran out of thread while making a star, so I turned it into a square, tatted in Grape Vine.
Everything else around these are tiny tatts, again, including daisies, butterflies, and a cherry blossom, which is the beginning of a much larger project.
Nothing has been blocked or starched yet, so everything looks a bit wonky.
So far, these will bring my count up to nine. I need to put a gadget on my side bar for this so I can keep track.
I also have made another card. This time I was playing with the dye that I have and some stamps to see how it would look. Also found some nail art stickers for $1 and added them for a bit of texture.
It's blank inside as with the other two.
Also, I found this on my big computer, and thought I would share:
This is the first motif that I designed, which I haven't posted a picture of. I made this when I was still needle tatting, and had to hide a lot of ends. I'm writing the pattern out and it will be posted, as well as my Clover Square, in the coming month. I've had to tweak the square because it was buckling while I made the center, and I want to get a few more tries out with it.
My New Years resolutions tis year aren't as bad as with other years. Craft-wise, this is my list:
- Learn to crochet
- Make everyone a scarf, and have them done by September
- Learn how to:
- Get my dye supplies organized
- Finish writing out the pattens to my motifs
- Design at least one motif a month
- Finish the 25 Motif Challenge