Sunday, August 30, 2009

Threads!!

I'm really kicking myself at the moment -- Hobby Lobby had all their Lizbeth thread on sale for $2.66/ball. I managed to get two, however I didn't make it back in time to get some other colors. Ces't la vie, right?

Went to Michael's yesterday with my mom, and got a few new threads and thought that I would share what I have at the moment:


The colors/makes are:
Lizbeth size 20:
  • Dark Purple
  • Bright Turquoise
  • Country Turquoise
  • Antique Violet
  • Harvest Orange
Royale Fashion Crochet Thread size 3
  • Plum
And last but not least, DMC Baroque size 10, White.

The skein of white is too large for me to handle, so I've wound some on a floss holder, as I have with several other colors that I've been using lately. This is also a partial list with the majority of my threads. All my HDT's are at home, but they have already been pictured on a previous post, as well as Lizabeth Caribbean thread which I have misplaced at the moment..

This is what I've been working on, though I've been pushing it to the side to work on other things.


M has an aunt who is from Ireland and is a really, really sweet lady. I spent some time up with her as well as some other wonderful woman this past June, back when I had first started to tat. I
decided that I'm going to tat up some ornaments for these ladies, and right now I'm getting in some practice with weaving some celtic knots. This pattern can be found here: http://tatcal.wordpress.com/page/8/

Still trying to decide what all to send in the giftbaskets of Southern goodness, but I do know that some sort of jelly will be involved. Need to get the baskets and get shipping rates as well -- kinda need to know that so I'll know how much I can send!

Also, ran in to some problems with the ornament that I was working on and decided to re-start with a smaller thread:


DMC size 80, with the smallest needle that I have. The stitches aren't laying right, but I suppose I will be able to fix this when I block it.

Not only is the first half too large, but I cut the threads without hiding them too short and it's starting to come unravled on the third round. Since the Christmas things haven't gone on sale at Hobby Lobby yet, I am trying this at a smaller scale (which looks to fit currently, however that could change at row 3). More pictures up of the orniments when I get the chance!

I've aslo got a few finished snowflakes to add:

Both need to be blocked. The second one has some minor mistakes, and I will be making a new one sometime soon. The patterns are both in my book, however I don't have the link for the first one with me at the moment. The second one is located at:

http://tatsaway-patterns.blogspot.com/2008/12/quantiesque-snowflake.html

I learned how to read a chart from Jon's page, though I had a bit of trouble with the Quantiesque because I was using a single needle instead of two shuttles.

More later!

No comments: