Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Cup of Tea

No words to say, really. I do have some tatting to add here, but I haven't gotten the pictures for them yet.

No, instead I had to try something tonight that has been in the back of my mind for a while. When I was first researching the dying process, I came across some tutorials on how to dye with tea. Seeing as I had a basket full of tea I have had for over two years, I finally caved.

They are drying right now, so I'll post pictures tomorrow. For now, enjoy the yumminess!

.. And while I'm thinking of it, who would like to tat with thread dyed in the natural way? This I'm not sharing - yet (these were made for a gift for my grandmother's birthday, which is really, really soon! >.<), and I didn't fix the cotton to keep the colors! :O

Also, the shawl is nearly complete. I should have it completed by tomorrow night at the latest, and then be ready to paint it in the next week or so. I need to get some more dye for it, as I don't think I have enough!

Happy tatting!

No comments: