Thursday, November 19, 2009

So much to do, so little time!

This entire semester has gone by very quickly, and I've found myself in the revision stage of studying for finals. No new tatting at the moment, but I may have some in my next post.

I have a list of things that is insanely long of things I need to complete. I've found that tatting, while it's relaxing to me, is something that I will need to put on the back-burner for a few weeks until I get through with classes. Luckly my classes end the second week of December, but there's so much to do!!

However, I did find some tins for the presents I am sending up to M's family. They are too cute!! I'm one that usually likes the traditional style of tins, but these are a little bit more modern than what I usually go for.

So, my Christmas To-Do List is as follows:
Knitting:
  • Finish Kelly's Scarf
  • Lace for Mom/Nannie/Grannie?
Tatting:
  • Snowflakes
  • Some Edgings (for the jellies)
Preserves/Candies:
  • Apple Jelly (if I have time.. It depends on how Thanksgiving goes..)
  • Candied Almonds (really, they're easier to make than some people think!!)
  • Cookies!!
As of right now, I have four different family dinners to go to this week. I am going to make some cookies for them, since I can make the dough in about ten minutes and then get out of my sis and mother's way. What will take the longest is how many cookies I am going to be cooking.. Looks like I'm going to be baking for several hours tomorrow!

Also, next Friday I will be dying again. I joined a thread exchange for this Christmas and want to send more than the 30 yards that I dyed before. Not sure which colors I am going to be dying, though, since I have so many that I like. I think I'm going to enlist help this time, though.. The skeining alone can take several days for as many as I dye at a time!

No pictures today, I haven't had time to do anything since Sunday. If I have time, I'll try to post some things later on this week.

I hope everyone has a happy (and safe!!) Thanksgiving!

No comments: