Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Importance of Blocking

They aren't fully dry, but are close enough to show (plus I am impatient! lol)

First off, the ever-important 'before' shot:

All were kind of twisty and cupping in some way. I'm a very tight tatter; try as I may to not tatt so tight, it never works out for me. There's three different motives in here, so let's start with the rounds, shall we?

Tatted Motiff #12, from Free-Tatting.com. I was able to do both centers with thread left over from another project (I think it was the bookmark, but I'm not too sure), so I decided to do two of them. The fully solid one was by the pattern, with how the second round interlocks with the first -- two rings through the inner chains. The second is my own interpretation, which I think would look a little better with a different variegated thread so the deep purples don't intermingle with each other.

Next up, we have the square:
This is going to be part of a larger project that will end up on my wall in the bedroom. This is Tatted Motiff #2 from the same site. More on this as I get them complete; I haven't fully decided on the layout just yet.

And finally, the earrings:


Tatted Earrings #4. These were a bit interesting to tatt in that they were done in three rounds without cutting between. I carried thread through the top most rings to add a bit of stability to them, so they are a bit thicker than the others. I have no idea where I would wear them, but I still thought they were interesting!

Going back to tatting now. I'm amazed at how much I've accomplished in such a short time!

Also, all these are in the same Lizbeth colors as I have been tatting with this week. Had them in my bag, so they were easy to get! lol

Happy tatting!

2 comments:

God's Kid said...

Your motifs look great! And your earrings are very nice! :)

Bev said...

I love those earrings - I just HAVE to make myself a pair of them! Beautiful work on the motifs!