Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine Dream - Part One

Heading to bed in a few minutes, but I thought I'd share a small bit of tatting before I go.

First off - the bookmarks. These are blocked (I just need to clip off the ends from the Tardis):

Patterns are Flower Bookmark/Edging, but by Sabrina Carden-Madden, and Tardis Bookmark by Anne Bruvold (links in last post). I'm working on a second for my roommate, and possibly a third (and fourth) for my sister and a friend from school.

Also, I have only had enough time to complete one, but this is where the title for this morning's post comes from:

"Dream" by Yarnplayer. This is tatted in size 20 thread with both 11/0 and 8/0 (I think!) seed bead and glass teardrops. This isn't blocked (as you can see by the middle teardrop,) but I think it looks nice already!


The ear wires are a little on the tight side, but they're sterling. Made a special trip to Hobby Lobby for all but the thread, and I'm really pleased at how they are going to turn out!

I hope to have the second one finished before tonight (after work), and possibly a pendant to go with it. This is my "Valentine Dream" because I'm hoping that I'll be able to wear them when M and I (possibly) go out of town that week! (fingers crossed!!)

Oh, **nts: The top ring is R(8), not S/R (4-3/4-3). Just to remember! lol I mis-counted at the last minute!

Happy Tatting, everyone! ^^

No comments: